How to fix Copy and Paste duplicates error in Windows 10
Copy / Paste is one of the most basic functions on any PC, but many users have reported that this function doesn’t work on Windows 10. Talking about Copy issues, here are some of them. Popularity reported by users:
- Copy / Paste Not Working Windows 10 – One possible cause for this problem could be your antivirus software. To fix the problem, try disabling your antivirus or turning off your antivirus altogether.
- Copy / Paste issues in Excel, Microsoft Word, Autocad, Windows 7, Remote Desktop, VMware – This issue has been reported in different applications and is usually caused by a specific plugin or feature. Just find the problematic plugin/feature, disable the feature, and the issue will be resolved.
- Correct Parameter Copy / Paste Error – This problem can occur due to specific issues with your system. To fix the problem, make sure to install the latest updates and check to see if that solves your problem.
- Copy / Paste Not Working – If Copy / Paste doesn’t work on your computer, the problem is probably the rdpclicp.exe process. To fix the problem, end the process and reboot.
Method 1 – Close any video player
Although the Windows Clipboard is designed to be unlocked and is available to all installed programs, it will sometimes be locked. One thing that typically does this is a video player that plays encoded videos.
If you are playing a video or you have a background open, close the video player and check if the issue is resolved. If not, go to the next repair below.
Method 2 – Close all open applications
If you have multiple open apps or various processes running in the background, they may conflict and prevent your copy from working. To see if this is causing your problem, try closing one by one. You can do this easily with Task Manager:
Right-click on an empty area on your taskbar and select Task Manager.
Select each program in the Application, then click the End Task button in the lower right.
Method 3 – Make sure your Windows 10 is up to date.
According to users, sometimes this problem can happen due to certain glitches on your system. To fix the problem, you should update your system. Microsoft is constantly fixing issues with new updates, and for the most part, Windows 10 will automatically install the missing updates.
However, you can also check for updates manually by doing the following:
- Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Go to the Update & Security section.
- Click the Check for updates button.
Windows will check for available updates and download them in the background. Once the updates are downloaded, they’ll be installed as soon as you restart your PC. Once your system is updated, the problem with copy-pasting has to be resolved.
Method 4 – Check your antivirus software
It’s essential to use good antivirus software, but sometimes your antivirus might cause this problem to appear. It’s good to turn off certain antivirus features and check if that helps fix the problem. In the case of inactivity, you need to disable your antivirus software altogether.
Some users have reported that they tried to fix the problem by copying by uninstalling their antivirus software. If removing the anti-virus software solves the problem, you should consider switching to a different antivirus solution.
There are plenty of great antivirus tools on the market. Still, if you want an antivirus that won’t interfere with your system while offering excellent protection, you should consider switching to BullGuard.
Method 5 – Run Check Disk utility
Sometimes your system files can get corrupt and may cause copy and paste to stop working. To fix the problem, you should perform a ChkDsk scan. To do that, follow these steps:
- Go to This PC and right-click on your hard drive.
- Choose Properties from the menu.
- When the Properties window opens, go to the Tools tab and click the Check button in the Error Check section to check your hard drive for errors.
Alternatively, you can run Check Disk from the Command Prompt.
- Press Windows + X. Choose Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin) from the list.
- When the Command Prompt opens, enter the command chkdsk X: / f. Be sure to replace X with your system drive letter. By default, you need to press C.
- You will be asked to schedule a scan—Press Y to do it.
Once you restart your computer, a chkdsk scan will start and repair any corrupt files. After your files are restored, check if the problem is still there.
Method 6 – Turn off the Send to Bluetooth widget
This addon is usually associated with Microsoft Office and can be found in the Office software under the Add-ons section. You may have to check all installed Office tools to send to a Bluetooth add-in and disable it from each one.
After disabling this add-in from any Office tool’s Copy / Paste, functions will work properly.
Method 7 – Check and install Webroot security software
Some users claim that the main cause of this problem is Webroot Security Software, and to fix this problem, you need to do the following:
- Open Webroot as administrator.
- Click on the Identity Protection property or the gear icon.
- Go to the Application Protection tab.
- You will now see a list of applications.
- Now look for apps where Copy / Paste is not working and set it to Allow.
Alternatively, you can disable the Protect Clipboard Data option, and everything should start working again.
Method 8 – Run rdpclip.exe
According to users, sometimes this problem can happen due to certain glitches on your system. To fix the problem, you should update your system. Microsoft is continuously improving issues with new updates, and for the most part, Windows 10 will automatically install the missing updates.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to start Task Manager . .
- Once the Task Manager opens, go to the Details tab and right-click on the rdpclicp.exe process. Select End Task from the menu.
Now you need to go to the Windows / system32 folder. There you will find rdpclip.exe. Just run it and see if the problem is solved.
This program will start automatically, but if not, you will have to run it manually every time you start Windows 10. Alternatively, you can add it to the Startup folder, and it will start every time Windows 10 boots up.
Method 9 – Restart your PC
Many users report that the copy-pasting feature isn’t working on their PC, and according to them, the easiest way to fix it is to restart your PC. If you don’t want to restart your PC, you can also sign out of your user account, wait a few seconds, and then sign in again.
Remember, this is just the workaround, so you will have to repeat it whenever the problem occurs.
Method 10 – Disable clipboard sharing feature of Virtualbox
Virtualbox is an excellent tool if you want to run a virtual machine on your PC, but certain features can cause your system problems. According to users, the Share Clipboard feature in Virtualbox can cause issues with the copy-pasting feature on your PC and fix it. It would help if you disabled it in Virtualbox.
When you disable this feature, the problem should be resolved entirely, and you will be able to use the Copy / Paste function again.
Method 11 – Check the Advanced System Care settings
If the Copy / Paste function doesn’t work on your PC, a third-party app may be interfering with it. Users have reported an issue with the Advanced System Care software, and according to them, the Clean Clipboard feature is responsible for the issue.
To fix the problem, you should disable this feature in the Advanced System Care software. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open Advanced System Care Software.
- Go to Speed Up RAM> Smart RAM> Deep Clean.
- Now click on Settings and uncheck the Clean Clipboard feature.
After disabling this feature, the Copy / Paste functions will start working again.
Method 12 – Delete Skype Click to Call
According to users, the Copy / Paste feature may not work on your PC due to the Click to Call Skype plugin. This is a simple browser plugin that allows you to make Skype calls by clicking on your browser’s phone number.
To fix the problem, you should remove this add-in from your browser. Once the add-in is terminated, you will be able to Copy and Paste without any issues.
Method 13 – Create a new user account
According to users, sometimes this problem can happen due to inevitable glitches on your system. To fix the problem, you should update your system. Microsoft is continuously improving issues with new updates, and for the most part, Windows 10 will automatically install the missing updates.
- Open the Settings app and go to the Accounts section.
- In the left pane, go to Family & other people. In the right pane, select Add someone else to this PC.
- Select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Now enter the desired username and click Next.
When you create a new account, switch to that account and check to see if the problem appears. If the problem doesn’t appear, you’ll need to move your files to your new account and start using your new account instead of your old one.
Not being able to perform the copy-pasting function can be a big deal, but we hope you solved it with one of our solutions.