Again, this doesn’t mean the Mac is junk; Quite the opposite. But now that Windows 7 is nearly on par with Macs in terms of usability and reliability, many reasons to choose Mac are less evident than before. Here are the top ways that Windows surpasses your Mac and is the right choice for your next computer.
Advantages of Windows over Mac
- Much cheaper. This is not new, but it is still the number one distinguishing feature. The least expensive new Mac is $ 999 (at the time of publication and doesn’t include the Mac mini, which really doesn’t and hardly sells). For that price, you can get a premium Windows desktop or a lovely Windows laptop that will be faster, have more RAM, and a hard drive more significant than any comparably-priced Mac. Once again, the money difference could have been previously proven with the Mac platform’s superiority; Not so with Windows 7 closed the gap until it was nearly gone.
- There are many more programs. The number of programs for Mac is limited. This is especially true of high-end games – try to find a professional gamer using a Mac. Good luck. If you’re looking for financial software, you’ll have more Windows options than for Mac, for another example. If having options is essential to you, Windows is the way to go.
- Out of its security practices’ skepticism, Microsoft has established the best and most available patch system in the industry. On the second Tuesday of the month is “Patch Tuesday”, Microsoft releases Windows patches. The release also comes with detailed explanations and tons of more information available than most vendors included. This includes Apple, for which you want to believe its security is perfect. This is what is known in the talk-geek technique as a fact.
- Customize more. Let’s say you want to add a more powerful graphics card to your desktop. If you use Windows, there is a whole universe of choices, with a massive range of prices and features. You can upgrade a Mac the same way, but with further, fewer options available. Apple tightly controls its “ecosystem” – the vendors it allows to make software and hardware run on its computers – while Microsoft’s ecosystem is much larger. That means you can fine-tune the content of your heart.
- There’s no gentle way to say it, so I’ll make it clear: Mac users can be too annoyed. There is a preeminent atmosphere attached to many Macophiles, who love to look down on our subhuman scum machines. This is a generalization, indeed, and does not apply to all Mac users. But it applies to their full extent that I know I don’t want to be linked to it.
- Microsoft does not ignore the development of Windows. This isn’t easy to quantify, but by all appearances, Apple is giving Mac OS short shrift as it grows. For example, most of Apple’s new announcements these days revolve around the iPhone, iPod, iPod Touch, and iPad. In other words, Apple mobile devices. Over the past few years, there hasn’t been much of an innovation in OS X “Snow Leopard”, its newest operating system. Everything seems to be focused on iOS, the operating system for the “i” cell phone series. Microsoft, on the other hand, is hard working on a successor to Windows 7. It is also working on its own mobile devices but is not excluded by Windows. Windows 7 is a huge step up from Windows Vista; No progress has been seen like that on the Mac OS side with age.