If you want to take a screenshot and save it
If you want to take a photo of everything displayed on your screen and you want to save it to post it or upload it, just:
1. Press the Windows key and PrtScn (Print Screen).
2. A save box will appear—type in a filename for the image you want to save. Then click ‘ Save ‘.
If you want to take a screenshot without saving it
If you’re going to capture everything on the screen quickly, but you want to paste it (possibly into Word Doc), then just:
1. Press only the PrtScn button. It has been copied, and you can use the paste option to place it wherever you want.
Capture a window on the laptop screen
If you don’t want a photo of everything on screen but want to target one window, then just:
1. Click the mouse pointer on the window that you want to take a picture of on the screen.
2. Press Alt + PrnScn. A window-only image that is now copied to your clipboard, and you can place it wherever you want.