After users upgraded to Windows 10, some of them noticed that the username being displayed when they signed in with a Microsoft account was not what they wanted. In some cases, the last name has been truncated while in other cases the emailwas displayed. Today, we will see how you can change your Account’s displayed profile username in Windows 10.
Change the account username in Windows 10 when signed in with a Microsoft Account
Method 1: Change the account name in Control Panel.
1. Access Access Control Panel / User Accounts and Family Safety / User Accounts .
2. Select “ Change your account name “.
3. Enter a new name in the box and click Change Name.
Method 2: Change the account name in Local User and Groups.
Step 1: Open Run Windows + R , type lusrmgr.msc and click OK to open L ocal Users and Groups.
2. Open the Users folder, right-click on the user and select Rename in the menu.
3. Enter a new name in the name box.
Method 3: Change the administrator or guest name in Local Group Policy Editor.
1. Access Local Group Policy Editor.
2. Open Computer Configuration / Windows Settings / Security Settings / Local Policies / Security Options / Accounts: Rename administrator account: Rename the admin account (or Account: Rename the guest account).
3. Enter a new name and press OK .