Although the OST file cannot be affected by turmoil in Exchange Server, there are situations that make mail folders inaccessible and can interfere with your normal business operations. If this happens, you will want to convert the contents of the OST file to another Outlook compatible format like PST. Converting an OST file to PST can also come in handy when you want to move data from one machine to another since the .ost file can only be opened with the profile that created it.
If you find yourself in a situation where you have to convert an OST file to PST format, you will need a reliable OST to PST converter to get the job done. In this article, we will take a in-depth look at one of the most reliable online OST file converters for PST.
Online OST to PST Converter: What is it?
The online OST to PST converter is a powerful service that converts inaccessible OST files into Outlook PST files. This online conversion service easily converts your entire Outlook inbox components – email, calendar, magazines, attachments, appointments, etc. – to PST in just a few clicks. What sets it apart from the competition is the simplicity and convenience it offers.
Online OST to PST converter designed with user in mind. It comes with an easy to use interface that allows you to recover your email in the event of Microsoft Exchange failure, accidental account deletion from Exchange server, synchronization problems and more. Better still, you won’t need to download and install any apps – you’ll be able to do everything from the company’s website.
On top of that, the online OST to PST converter has many other advantages that make it your choice. This service does not require access to an Exchange server, Microsoft Outlook, or a Windows Domain Controller. Most importantly, it allows you to convert data from one format to another using any device and on any operating system (Windows, Android, Mac, iOS).
Features and highlights
Here are the key features we like about the online OST to PST file converter.
- Convert OST files created by all versions of Microsoft Exchange servers
- Supports OST files created with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Outlook
- Password protected OST files can be converted
- Converts encrypted OST files using any kind of encryption
- Converts OST files in ANSI format
- Convert OST files with Unicode
The service saves the converted PST file in Unicode format as .pst file.
How it works
When it comes to user experience, the online OST to PST converter does not disappoint. Its simplicity of use is what makes it steal the spotlight. The entire conversion process consists of just four steps:
- Upload files
- PST file
Once the conversion is complete, a PST file download link will be sent to your email. I tested the service with a 66MB OST file, and the whole conversion took only six minutes. Here is the procedure to follow:
1. Go over to the OST to PST official website by clicking on this link . Once in, select an OST file from your hard disk and fill in the corresponding fields – email address and Captcha code.
2. Click “Next Step” to continue. You will be able to see the conversion progress.
Wait until the conversion is completed. The conversion time will be different depending on the size of your OST file. In my case, it took the system six minutes to convert the entire 66MB file.
3. Click the “Show Preview” button to see the contents of the currently converted PST file.
Here is a preview of all mailbox components that have been converted to PST.
4. Click “Next Step” to continue. This is the stage where you have to pay. The service is not free and will cost you $ 10 which is justified by the market standards. You can pay via PayPal, Visa, Credit Card or with Amazon.
Once you have completed your payment, a download link for the converted PST file will be sent to your email.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Easy to use
- Clean and user-friendly interface
- Does not require MS Outlook to be installed on your device
- Fast conversion process
- No access to Microsoft Exchange Server is required
- Does not require you to install Microsoft Windows
- No free
- Captcha will block your IP if you are not careful
There are many methods you can use to convert OST files to PST. However, most of the options on the network require either Exchange configuration or Server Connection. One advantage of an online OST to PST converter is that it allows you to bypass these limitations.
To keep all of your mailbox folders safe and preserve data integrity, we recommend that you convert OST to PST online using manual methods.