All of you already know about the ” Pin to Start Menu ” option in Windows, which allows us to pin a menu program that’s quite useful.
But sometimes, this option becomes unavailable, and the user doesn’t get this option in the context menu:
If you are also facing this problem, then this guide will help you in making this selection back:
The RUN dialog box opens and provides the following commands:
regsvr32 / i shell32.dll
Reboot your system, and it should fix your problem.
If the methods above didn’t fix your problem, type Regedit in the Run dialog box and press Enter. It will open Registry Editor. Now go to the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Explorer
In the right pane, look for a DWORD NoStartMenuPinnedList value. If you find it, delete it. Reboot or log off, and your problem should be solved.
If you cannot find the key mentioned above, then download the following ZIP file, extract it and run the extracted REG file. It will ask for confirmation, accept it. Reboot your system, and your problem will be solved:
- Switch between Start Menu and Start Screen in Windows 10
- Fix Missing / Missing Icon icons on the Desktop
- Fix "There was a problem starting C: Windows System32…
- Fix: Error Could Not Shutdown Computer from Start menu
- Change application icons in Windows 10 Start Menu
- Add Website link to Start Menu in Windows 10