This error can be fixed by a corrupted/missing SDL2.dll file replaced with a working copy in the application directory. Or use a repair tool from Programs and Features to repair the application. In some cases, support for older operating systems like XP has ended, so new updates to new applications cause me to break your OS because there is no support. Upgrading to a newer operating system will be of help to some of you.
Method 1: Replace a working version of SDL2.dll
- Download SDL2.dll from here (32bit, 64bit)
- Right-click on the DLL file and choose Copy.
- Navigate to the location of the application’s program files. You can do this by typing the app’s name into the Start menu, right-clicking on it, choosing Open File Location, or searching for the app folder in C: Program Files or C: Program Files (x86) – for 32 Bit.
- In the application’s directory. Right-click and choose Paste or use the commands Ctrl + V. If you’re asked for administrative access for this action, do.
- Restart the app and confirm if the error has stopped.
Method 2: Repair the application
Although you can replace installing a copy of the new application, just the fix has worked for most people. Repair takes a previously working version of the application and runs it all over again.
- Press Win + R on your keyboard to open a Run window. Type appwiz.cpl and press Enter. This takes you to the Programs and Features menu.
- Select the application that produced the SDL2.dll error and click on Repair or Change. If the application is Roblox, then you won’t have the option to repair/change it. If the Repair option isn’t available, uninstall the app and jump to the site from where you downloaded it, or go to your Roblox account and re-download the app, reinstall it, and pay attention.
- When the uninstaller appears, select Repair and follow the instructions. When the repair is complete, restart the app and see if it works.
Sometimes a new update to an app might be preventing it from working; contact your carrier and wait while a new version is released to fix the problem.