Fix Touchpad issues on HP Specter X360
Let’s first update the driver if available.
1. Navigate to HP Support Assistant in your application window and open it. This will open a new HP window.
2. Select Update and check for the update. If there is a newer driver found, go to the next step. If not, move on to the following method.
3. Select Download and Install. Restart your laptop if prompted.
If that doesn’t work, try disabling and re-enabling the touchpad. You do that by double-tapping in the upper left of the touchpad. Leave for a few seconds and then repeat to turn it back on again. Retry.
Hard reset to fix TouchPad issues
If that doesn’t work, perform a hard reset of the HP Specter X360. HP Support recommends doing this, so it’s not just me.
1. Remove the laptop from its power source and remove any peripheral devices. Include any mouse, keyboard, or other USB devices.
2. While power on, hold the power button for about 15 seconds. The laptop should power off but keep the button for the allotted time.
3. Connect the charger to the laptop and turn it on. The laptop should start up usually, and the touchpad should work again regular.
For most users I know, one of these three options will fix the TouchPad problem. If that doesn’t work, you can visit the HP TouchPad site for further advice, or you may need to contact HP directly.