How to fix Bluetooth support service error 1079?
Bluetooth support service error 1079 can cause a lot of problems on your PC, and talking about Bluetooth error, here are some common issues that users have reported:
- Bluetooth support service stopped Windows 7 – This issue can affect almost any version of Windows, and even if you’re not using Windows 10, you can fix this problem with one of our solutions.
- Error 1068 Bluetooth service – This is another Bluetooth error you may encounter. Your driver usually causes this error, so be sure to update this error.
- Bluetooth support service missing, disabled, stopped, grayed out – If you have problems with Bluetooth enabled services, you can fix the problem by performing SFC and DISM scans.
- Bluetooth support service the system cannot find the path specified – This is another common problem with Bluetooth, and you can fix the problem by merely keeping your system up to date.
- Windows could not start the Bluetooth support service error 1079 – This issue can occur if the Bluetooth Support service is not configured correctly. Just change the configuration of this service, and the problem will be solved.
- Bluetooth support service error 1053 – This is another common problem with Bluetooth, but you should fix it with one of our solutions.
Method 1 – Run Hardware Troubleshooter
If you get a Bluetooth 1079 support service error on your PC, you can get around it only by running the troubleshooter. Windows comes with various troubleshooters that can fix common problems, and to run the troubleshooter, do the following:
- PressWindows key + I to open the Settings app. Go to the Update & Security section
2 – Select Troubleshoot from the menu on the left. Now select Hardware and Device from the list and click Run the troubleshooter.
Once the troubleshooter starts, follow the on-screen instructions to complete it. After the troubleshooter is finished, check if the problem is still there. If the problem persists, you might want to run the Bluetooth troubleshooter.
Method 2 – Switch the Bluetooth device to discover mode
It would help if you also turned on the Bluetooth device you are trying to pair with your desktop computer or laptop and switch to its discovery mode. How you go into discovery mode depends mostly on the device. Keyboards, mice, and headsets often have buttons you need to hold down for a few seconds. If you are not sure how to switch your device to explore mode, check your device user guide for details.
Method 3 – Configure Bluetooth Support Service
Bluetooth Support Service detects your Bluetooth device. So it is quite a necessity that this is enabled. Also, you may need to adjust its settings as follows.
- Click the Cortana button on your taskbar and type ‘services’ in its search box.
- Next, you should choose Services to open the window in the snapshot right below.
- Now double-click on Bluetooth Support Service.
- If Bluetooth Support Service is disabled, click the Startup type drop-down under the General tab and choose Manual from there.
- Click the Log On tab at the top of the window and select the This account radio button if the Local System account is currently selected.
- Now enter NT AUTHORITY LocalService into the This account text box. Leave both the Password and Password and Confirm boxes blank.
- Press the Apply > OK button to confirm the installation of the new Bluetooth Assistant Service.
- Next, switch back to the General tab and press the Start button to restart the Bluetooth Support Service.
Method 3 – Perform SFC and DISM scan
According to users, sometimes Bluetooth 1079 support service error can appear if your Windows 10 installation is broken. However, you can fix that problem simply by performing an SFC and DISM scan. This is quite simple to do, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Press Windows key + X to open the menu. Now select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list. If the Command Prompt is not available, you can also use PowerShell (Admin).
- Command Prompt will now open. Type the command sfc / scannow and press Enter.
- The scan will start and try to repair corrupt files. This may take around 15 minutes, so don’t interrupt it.
After the SFC scan is complete, check if the issue has been resolved. If the problem persists, we recommend doing a DISM scan. To do that, follow these steps:
- Start Command Prompt as administrator.
- Type DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth and press Enter to run it.
- DISM scan will start. This scan may take about 20 minutes or more, so don’t interrupt it.
After the DISM scan is finished, check to see if the problem is still there. If you could not run an SFC scan before, you can try running it now and check if that solves the problem.
Method 4 – Update Bluetooth Driver
If you recently upgraded to Windows 10, you may also need to update your Bluetooth driver. Bluetooth drivers may not be compatible with the new platform. You can update Bluetooth drivers using Device Manager or third-party software.
- To open Device Manager, press Win key + X and select Device Manager from the menu.
- Then click on Bluetooth Radio listed in Device Manager.
- Now you should right-click on your Bluetooth adapter and choose Update driver.
- Click the option Search automatically for updated driver software and then click the Next button. Windows will then update the Bluetooth driver if there are additional driver software updates.
If this method didn’t work, you could automatically download the missing driver using a third-party tool. TweakBit Driver Updater allows you to download missing drivers automatically with just a few clicks, so if you don’t want to search for drivers manually, be sure to give this tool a try.
Method 5 – Install the latest updates
If you get a Bluetooth 1079 support service error on your PC, you can fix the problem by installing the latest updates. Some errors in Windows 10 can cause Bluetooth problems to appear, and the best way to fix them is to update your system.
For the most part, Windows 10 automatically installs missing updates. Still, sometimes you might miss an update or two, which could cause this error and other errors to occur. However, you can always check for updates manually by doing the following:
- Open the Settings app.
- When the Settings app opens, go to the Update & Security section.
- Now click on the Check for updates button.
If there are any updates available, Windows will automatically download them in the background. After downloading the updates, restart your PC to install them. After installing the latest update, check if the problem is still there.
Solution 6 – Create a new user account
Bluetooth 1079 support service error can appear on your PC if your user account is damaged. Since there’s no easy way to fix your user account, the best course of action is to create a new user account. This is relatively simple, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app and go to Accounts.
- Select Family & other people from the menu on the left. Now select Add someone else to this PC.
- Select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Click Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Enter the username for the new account and click Next.
After you create a new user account, switch to that account and check if the problem appears. If not, it means your old user account is broken, so we recommend moving all your files over to the new one and start using it instead of the old one.
Those are a few fixes for error 1079. The best possible fix is to reconfigure the Bluetooth Support Service. If you still need to fix Bluetooth, see this Windows Report article for more details.