These days almost all laptops or PCs come with built-in Bluetooth so that users can pair different Bluetooth devices with their computers. But did you know that you can change the default Bluetooth name of your Windows machine? I bet most users will say no. Usually we don’t even try to change the Bluetooth name of our system. But like any smartphone, changing your Bluetooth adapter name in Windows Machine is very simple.
Instructions to rename Bluetooth in Windows
Just follow below steps to change Bluetooth name in Windows 8 / 8.1:
1. First open the control panel in your system. If you cannot locate the control panel, press Windows key + R then type “Control Panel” and press Enter
2. Once you open the control panel click on hardware & Sound option . Now click on Device Manager under Device and Printers Option.
3. When the device manager window opens, expand Bluetooth and right-click Generic Bluetooth Adapter .
4. In the Generic Bluetooth Adapter Properties dialog box, click the Advance tab. You can update the Bluetooth name by changing the name under Radio Information. Select the desired name and click OK.
5. If you want to revert to the default name, click the Default button found in the Advance tab.
So here is how you can change the Bluetooth name in your Windows 8 or 8.1 computer. If you still cannot change the name on the system, we recommend you to update the system Bluetooth driver and try again.
In case your Bluetooth device is being turned off automatically by the system, go to the power management tab and uncheck the option ” Allow the computer … ” . Once you do this the system will not turn off the Bluetooth adapter when you are not using it. While we don’t recommend doing this unless you’re having problems with your Bluetooth adapter. If you still encounter any bugs or issues, please leave a comment below and we will do our best to resolve your issue.