These days almost all laptops or PCs come with built-in Bluetooth so that users can pair different Bluetooth devices with their computers. But did you know that you can change the default Bluetooth name of your Windows machine? I bet most users will say no. Usually, we don’t even try to change our system’s Bluetooth name. But like any smartphone, changing your Bluetooth adapter name in Windows Machine is very simple.
Instructions to rename Bluetooth in Windows
Just follow the below steps to change Bluetooth name in Windows 8 / 8.1:
1. First, open the control panel in your system. If you cannot locate the control panel, press Windows key + R, then type “Control Panel” and press Enter
2. Once you open the control panel, click on the hardware & Sound option. Now click on Device Manager under Device and Printers Option.
3. When the device manager window opens, expand Bluetooth and right-click Generic Bluetooth Adapter.
4. In the Generic Bluetooth Adapter Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab. You can update the Bluetooth name by changing the name under Radio Information. Select the desired name and click OK.
5. If you want to revert to the default name, click the Advanced tab’s Default button.
So here is how you can change the Bluetooth name in your Windows 8 or 8.1 computer. If you still cannot change the name on the system, we recommend updating the Bluetooth driver and trying again.
In case your Bluetooth device is being turned off automatically by the system, go to the power management tab and uncheck the option ” Allow the computer … “. Once you do this, the system will not turn off the Bluetooth adapter when you are not using it. At the same time, we don’t recommend doing this unless you’re having problems with your Bluetooth adapter. If you still encounter any bugs or issues, please leave a comment below, and we will do our best to resolve your issue.