If you’ve integrated Bluetooth into your Windows 10 PC or Laptop, you can easily connect your Bluetooth speakers for wireless playback – and here’s where we show you how
Although Windows 10 is a great operating system, it doesn’t make our Laptop or PC monitor speakers sound better. But what about wireless Bluetooth speakers? Suppose you have integrated Bluetooth into your Windows 10 device. In that case, you can easily connect Bluetooth speakers for wireless playback, giving you higher quality, louder sound for playing games, watching movies, and listening to music.
Here, we show you how to connect a Bluetooth speaker to a Laptop or PC running Windows 10 and Mac.
How to connect a Bluetooth speaker in Windows 10
1) The first step is to open the Settings app and select ‘ Devices ‘.
2. In the Devices menu, select the Bluetooth tab on the left side and turn on Bluetooth if not already done.
3. Turn on your Bluetooth speaker and put it into connection mode. The method of enabling the above connection mode differs between manufacturers – check your Bluetooth speaker manual for details on how to do it.
4. While in connection mode, return to the Bluetooth menu on your PC and wait for the speaker to pop up in the list of detected devices.
5. Select the Bluetooth connected device and then click Pair – depending on the Bluetooth speaker, you may be asked to enter a number to complete the connection process, but not always.
6) When connected, all Windows 10 audio will be rerouted via the Bluetooth speaker.
If this is not the case and there is no audio playback through your speakers, right-click the volume icon in the lower right corner of Windows 10, click Default Playback, and then select the Bluetooth speaker from the list click “Set Default”.
Note that some apps may need to be restarted for the changes to apply. We’ve seen this right with iTunes and Spotify before, along with many PC games.
How to connect a Bluetooth speaker on a Mac
The steps to connect to a laptop running OS X or macOS are almost identical to setting upaBluetoothperipheralon Windows.
1. Click System Preferences from the Apple menu or select the System Preferences icon in the Dock.
2. Select Bluetoothin the System Preferences window.
3. Select your Bluetooth speaker from the list of available devices.
4. When the Bluetooth speakers are connected, they appear as Connected
Troubleshoot Bluetooth connection errors
When it works, connecting your Bluetooth speakers and Laptop is a simple process, but sometimes things don’t go well. Before you get discouraged, try a few simple fixes that can help:
Confirm that the speaker is turned on.
Make sure you are using the recommended connection technique specified in the document.
Turn off and re-enable Bluetooth on your Laptop.
Position the speaker within 5 feet of the Laptop.
Fully charge Laptop and speakers (or plug into a power outlet).
Moving away from your Wi-Fi router may interfere with the connection.
Turn off both the Laptop and the speaker and turn it on again.
Remove any obstructions between the speaker and the laptop.