How to Disable Cortana in Windows 10 PC
- Expand Cortana from the taskbar as, by default, it’s attached there.
- Click the Settings icon in the left bar.
- You experience an option of “Hey Cortana”. This option allows you to turn off and on the voice assistant on your computer. So drag the slider towards the extreme left if you want to disable Cortana and oppositely on the right to enable the same.
That’s it. Finally, it would help if you disabled its search box from the taskbar.
- Right-click on a space anywhere on the taskbar.
- Select your mouse pointer on Cortana options in the context menu.
- The voice assistant also has an option that will only show its icon. To experience it, select the Show Cortana icon or click Hidden Options to exit the bar or the icon from the taskbar.
Now you can restart the computer to make the changes done. You notice Cortana is entirely invisible on your Windows 10 computer screen and you can continue functioning without her stand.