Now you can use Chrome with a black background, and here’s how to enable that new mode.
Google is finally bringing dark background theme support to its Chrome web browser. Previously confirmed new look changes will be coming to macOS Mojave, and now Chrome’s latest preview also confirms that black background is coming to Windows 10.
If you want to try out a dark theme for Chrome (via), there is a –force-dark- mode that enables dark mode every time you start the browser.
In this guide, you’ll learn the steps to try out upcoming dark theme for Google Chrome.
How to enable dark background in Chrome
To enable a new dark background for Chrome on Windows 10, do the following:
1. Download and install the Canary version of Chrome
2. Open Chrome .
3. Right-click the application button on the taskbar.
4. Select the Pin to taskbar option.
5. Right click on the application button again.
6. Right-click on Google Chrome and select Properties .
7. Click the Shortcut tab.
8. In the “Target” field, add the following at the end of the path: –force-dark-mode
The goal should look like this line:
“C: Users xboxl AppData Local Google Chrome SxS Application chrome.exe” –force-dark-mode
9. Click the Apply button.
10. Click the OK button.
Once you’ve completed the steps, every time you start Google Chrome with the taskbar button, you’ll use a new black background.
If you want to return to the old state, you do the same as the above instructions, but in step 8 , make sure to remove
--force-dark-mode from the Target field.