Reinstalling your computer will restore Windows, but delete your files, settings, and apps – except for the ones that came with your PC. Restoring your PC is a way to undo recent system changes you’ve made.
How to restore a Windows 8 Laptop or PC to factory default settings?
1. Move the mouse to the lower right corner to open the settings bar
If you are using a touchscreen, you need to swipe from the screen’s right edge to initialize.
2. Click “ Settings “.
3. Click “ Change PC settings “.
4. Click “ General ” then select “ Remove everything and reinstall Windows “.
5. Click ” Get started “.
If the OS is “ Windows 8.1 “, please click on “ Update and recovery “, then select “ Remove everything and reinstall Windows “.
6. Click “ Next ”.
Note: All your files and apps will be deleted.
7. Select the drive you want to remove.
- Only the drive where Windows is installed: Delete only files in the drive where Windows is installed.
- All Drives: Removes all files in the drive.
Note: It is recommended to back up important files to external memory.
8. Select the appropriate options to clean your drive.
9. Click “ Reset ” to reset your PC.
Note: Please make sure to make a backup of your important files. We recommend connecting the power supply to the laptop.
Finally, if you have any problems with the implementation process, please comment below for me to answer. Good luck!