1. Use the Windows key + R to open the Run command.
2. Type cmd and click OK. This command will try to run Command Prompt, a desktop application, and cannot run on Windows 10 S. Therefore. It will trigger a security message.
3. Under “Still want to run this unverified app?” Click the See how to link.
4. The Windows Store will open on the “Switch to Windows 10 Pro” page.
5. Click the Free button, which will then switch to the Install button.
6. Click the Install button.
7. Under “Have you saved all your files?”. Click the Yes, let’s go button.
Once you have completed these steps, the “Preparing to switch” dialog box will appear, and at this point, the process will remove all restrictions and restart your Surface Laptop or device type.
The whole process is done in less than 5 minutes because Windows 10 S is Windows 10 Pro, and there is no need to reinstall anything.
It should be noted that initially, only for Surface Laptop owners the upgrade is free. Typically, promotions are $ 49.