Microsoft has brought about a major change to Windows 10, which means it integrates the start menu into the new operating system. Microsoft has had a lot of complaints from users about removing the Start menu in Windows 8 and it got it brought to the desktop users without dropiing apps and features from the complete start screen. full. This new addition will display the live tiles of the app on the right. While the left side is not touched, the right side is containing selections of apps and their live tiles when you first boot into the system.
You can change your selection here and this range from deleting all live tiles to completely removing from the computer to adding, moving and deleting them from the interface. When the customization option is so useful, Windows 10 doesn’t have the option to reset layers. But this can be done with a system reset or refresh feature, but the methods have side effects and are therefore not like the first option.
- Click on Start menu and type cmd and hold Ctrl and Shift and click on cmd.exe to launch command prompt.
- Here enter cd / d% LocalAppData% Microsoft Windows .
- Keep windows open and exit Explorer shell.
- Now type appssFolder.itemdata-ms c: backup ** and press Enter.
- This will back up the files in the backup folder on drive C.
- To restore the start menu again, open an elevated command prompt like the above program and make use of exit explorer as well.
- Now to restore the backup menu start copying into
c: backupappsFolder.itemdata-ms “% LocalAppData% MicrosoftWindowsappsFolder.itemdata-ms”
at an elevated command prompt and this will replace the current version with the backed up version.
Here’s how to reset Start menu layout in Windows 10 where default layout is used.
- Open the command prompt and type cd / d% LocalAppData% Microsoft Windows and press the Enter key.
- Hold down the Shift key and Ctrl key and right click on the Windows taskbar and choose the Exit Explorer option from the context menu.
- Now run under two commands
- del appsfolder.menu.itemdata-ms
- del appsfolder.menu.itemdata-côbak
- After executing the above commands restart the Explorer process as mentioned above.