In this tutorial, I will give you a few tips on optimizing the BlueStacks App Player for Windows.
Download and install the Player BlueStacks app
- Go to http://www.bluestacks.com/ and download the BlueStacks App Player.
- Open BlueStacks App Player and register your Gmail account details.
- Close BlueStacks
Adjusting BlueStacks RAM (Memory)
The BlueStacks App App comes with a default 768MB RAM.
- Open ‘regedit’: Start-> Run-> regedit
- Navigate to: ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SOFTWARE / BlueStacks / Guests / Android’
- Double click on the value ‘Memory’
- Change the base to decimals.
- Enter the amount of RAM you desire
DO NOT USE YOUR BASIC SYSTEM MORE!
Example: If you have 4GB of RAM input 2GB: ‘2048’
Blinking problem with NVidia display adapter
Sometimes with NVidia GPU, there is an issue causing the screen to flicker.
- Open NVidia Control Panel and navigate to ‘ Manage 3D Settings ”
- Select the tab ‘ Program Settings ‘
- Click Add and Select ‘ BlueStacks Frontend ‘
- Scroll down to ‘ Threaded optimization ‘ and change it to ‘ Off‘
Prioritize the BlueStacks process in Windows
Increase BlueStacks process priorities in Task Manager:
- Open Task Manager and go to the Details tab.
- Right-click on ‘ HD-Frontend ‘ and change priority to Above-Normal.