Have you been attacked by one or more unknown viruses? If you have such experience, you probably know that virus attacks will result in unexpected data loss on your hard drive, memory card or USB drive. For users who have no idea how to recover virus infected files, this is truly a disaster! But it doesn’t matter! In this page, we will show you two solutions to virus infected file recovery: recover virus infected files by CMD and recover virus infected files with specialized data recovery software Karma .
Part 1: Recover hidden files and folders from virus infected storage media using cmd
This is the first thing you should try to recover lost files. You do not need to format your device first. This method works effectively on all Windows computers, including Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.
- Connect your storage media to your computer. On your computer, go to the Start menu.
- Type ” cmd ” into the search bar and press ” Enter “. Then you will open Command Prompt (CMD) as administrator.
- Navigate to the drive where your data disappeared.
- In cmd.exe ‘s control panel, enter “ attrib -h -r -s / s / d drive letter: *. * “. For example, if the file is lost on drive D, then type “ attrib -h -r -s / s / d D: *. * “. Finally press ” Enter “.
- Now Windows will begin to repair your virus-infected drive. This may take time. Wait until the repair is completed.
After the repair is complete, you can go to your drive or card to check if you can see all the infected files.
If you have successfully recovered data from a virus-infected USB flash drive, memory card or hard drive, congratulations! But if not, please don’t be disappointed. You have another option. Just try a third party data recovery software!
Part 2: Recover infected files from hard drive, memory card, USB Flash, Pen Drive, etc. with Recovery software
When you don’t manage virus file recovery with CMD, Yolisoft ‘s data recovery software becomes a nice workaround. The program is a professional recovery software for all storage devices. With its powerful file recovery capabilities, it can recover deleted, damaged or hidden files from hard drives, memory cards or USB drives. And virus file recovery process is extremely easy. You just need to answer two simple questions and the program will do the rest for you. For step-by-step instructions, refer to the Yolisoft Data Recovery Software User Guide
- Download Yolisoft here
- Install the program on a PC or Mac.
- Run it and choose a drive to scan. (Tip: please plug in external memory first.)
- Preview and select the files you want to get from the scan results.
- Save the files to a safe destination.
Good warning: please install anti-virus program on your computer and keep it in case of data loss in the future. Once your computer becomes infected, clean up your computer and restore it to its original state. After reinstalling, scan again for viruses.