This will show you how to undo all the changes you made to Windows Firewall settings and restore factory default settings in Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Restoring default settings will remove all Windows Firewall settings that you made for that point, for all types of network locations (Public and Private). This may cause some programs that you have allowed through the firewall to stop working.
Method 1: Reinstall default Windows Firewall in Windows Firewall
1. Open the Control Panel (Icons View) in Windows 7 and Windows 8 .
2. Click on the Windows Firewall icon.
3. Click the Restore defaults link in the left pane. (See picture below)
4. Click the Restore defaults button. (See picture below)
5. Click the Yes button to confirm. (See picture below)
6. Close the Windows Firewall window when finished. (See screenshot below step 3)
Method 2: Reinstall default Windows Firewall in Command Prompt
1. Open command prompt in Windows 7 or Windows 8 .
2. In the command prompt window, copy and paste below command, and press Enter . (see screen shot below)
netsh advfirewall reset
3. When done, you can close the command prompt.
netsh advfirewall / reset?