Most of us know that Microsoft has added the most requested features i.e. Start Menu in Windows 10 operating system but some people are confused whether Microsoft removed the Start Screen from Windows 10 and replaced it. with Start Menu? I have received a lot of emails from readers being asked the same question.
Let me clear all doubts! The Start Screen in Windows 10 still exists, but when you install Windows 10, the new Start Menu is activated by default. Age Start Screen is disabled but can be activated using simple option provided in New Settings app.
It is important that you can have a Start Menu or Start Screen at a time. You cannot enjoy both together. So it’s up to you whether you want to enjoy the new Start Menu or use the old Start Screen.
Guide the steps to switch between Start Menu and Start Screen in Windows 10
1. Open the Start Menu and click on the Settings option.
2. Now go to the “Personalization -> Start” and set the option “Use Start picture full screen” to On.
3. That’s it. It will start immediately showing Start Menu in full screen which will look and work just like Windows 8 / 8.1 Start Screen shown in the image below:
4. If you want to restore the Start Menu again, just set the option ” Use Start full screen ” to Off .
Also check the following article to disable Tablet Mode:
NOTE: After the method has been written for the Windows 10 Preview build versions, but it no longer works in the final RTM version of Windows 10:
1. Right-click the Taskbar and select Properties .
2. Go to Start Menu tab and disable the option ” Use the Start menu instead of the Start screen “.
3. As soon as you apply the settings, Windows will ask for your confirmation to log off / log off to make changes.
4. Click on the button “ Sign out and change settings ” and it will end the current session.
5. Sign in again and you’ll get the Start Screen back in Windows 10.
In the future, if you want to re-enable the new Start Menu, just enable the ” Use the Start menu instead of the Start screen ” option again.