Requirements before switching operating system from HDD to SSD
– All data on the destination disk will be erased when you copy the source hard disk to the destination disk.
– The destination disk may be smaller than the source disk, but it must be equal to or larger than the source disk’s used space. Otherwise, copying will not be able to continue.
– Cannot select boot disk as target.
– If the source disk contains the operating system, to ensure that you can boot the computer from the mirror disk, please connect the destination disk to the IDE / SATA; for example, you can connect as an internal hard disk.
It would help if you disconnected a disc (source or destination disk) after completing the copy and then start your computer. Please do not boot with two connected drives; otherwise, it may cause booting problems.
First, you need to download EaseUS Partition Master software to your computer.
1. Launch EaseUS Partition Master. Select Wizard -> Migrate OS to SSD / HDD from the main menu.
2. Select SSD as the target disk.
3. Delete the partition on the destination disk.
* If there are several partitions on the target disk, please confirm to delete the partitions and data on the destination disk. To operate, you must allow EaseUS Partition Master to delete all sections on the target hard disk or click Back to select another target hard drive.
4. Resize partition on the target disk. On a disk map, the partition’s current size on the destination disk is displayed at the top of the dialog box. Position the mouse pointer on the left or right partition handle; Change the mouse pointer to the two-headed arrow, and drag the handle to the partition size you want. Click OK.
5. Preview results on the left panel of Pending Operations. If it is correct, then click Apply to save all changes.
After switching the operating system from HDD to SSD, you can also use EaseUS Partition Master to resize/move partitions on SSD.
EaseUS Partition Master supports the industry by region and file by copying files. It also helps MBR disk copy and GPT disk copy.