In this tutorial, you will learn the steps to upgrade Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 for free to Windows 10 after July 29 using the “Windows 10 Upgrader” Helper Technology.
How to upgrade for free to Windows 10 after July 29
If you want to upgrade now after your free upgrade promotion expires and you use accessible technology, here’s what you do:
1. Go to the Microsoft Accessibility page.
2. Click the Upgrade Now button to download the Windows10Upgrade24074.exe file
3. Double-click the Windows 10 Upgrader file that you just downloaded.
4. Click Accept to agree to the terms.
5. This will start downloading the files and automatically begin installing Windows 10.
6. Click Restart now to restart (or Restart later to restart later from the left hand side) to complete the upgrade.
Microsoft has yet to announce a deadline for the extension to be upgraded, but if you want to use the extension, you have to hurry, as the company can end the extension at any time.
After you upgrade to Windows 10, you’ll be able to get the Windows 10 Anniversary update, starting August 2. The new update is a major release that provides support for extensions for Microsoft Edge, A new Windows Ink experience for pen support, an updated Start menu and many other changes and improvements.
It’s important to note that the extension to the free Windows 10 upgrade is only available to those using the operating system with accessibility technologies. If you don’t use these features, you should pay for the upgrade properly.